Entertainment
Savannah Guthrie’s friends ‘fear’ for journalist after ‘disturbing’ plea to mom’s captor
Savannah Guthrie’s friends are concerned about the “Today” show anchor two weeks into her mom Nancy Guthrie’s disappearance.
The journalist issued a tearful plea to her mother’s captor via Instagram on Sunday — and one of her pals found the footage “profoundly disturbing.”
On Monday, the source told Page Six, “She looks devastated. She looks like she’s struggling. She can’t be doing well.”
The insider continued, “Anyone who knows her is obviously so worried about her.”
Another friend noted that “it looked like the light has gone out of her eyes” in this weekend’s emotional social media upload.
In the clip, Savannah appealed to the 84-year-old’s abductor while insisting on the “essential goodness of every human being.”
“I wanted to say to whoever has her, or who knows where she is, that, it’s never too late,” the NBC personality, 54, said. “And you’re not lost, or alone, and it is never too late to do the right thing.”
Savannah’s colleagues sent their support in the comments section.
“We believe 🙏 ❤️,” Hoda Kotb wrote, while Morgan Radford added, “we are all with you, Savannah. ❤️”
Dylan Dreyer, for her part, wrote, “I continue to pray every chance I get…I love you 🙏.”
Additionally, Carson Daly, his wife, Siri Daly, and more members of Savannah’s “Today” show family re-posted her pleas.
Nancy was last seen on Jan. 31, with the matriarch reported missing the following day.
Savannah and her siblings have released four other videos, and ex-CIA member and FBI special agent Tracy Walder called the latest clip an attempt from the Daytime Emmy winner to try “a different angle.”
The FBI has been in Tucson, Ariz., all month working with the Pima County Sheriff’s Department on Nancy’s case — and Sheriff Chris Nanos believes resolution could take years.
“It’s exhausting, these ups and downs. But we will keep moving forward,” he told the New York Times on Sunday. “We won’t quit.”
Last week, authorities released the first look at the abductor in security footage from Nancy’s doorbell camera.
In another recent bombshell discovery, investigators recovered DNA from Nancy’s residence that does not belong to anyone “close” to her.
They are awaiting further DNA results and “actively looking at everyone as a suspect” as a $100,000 reward remains on the table for any information leading to Nancy’s return.
Read the full article here
-
Movies6 days agoYou can now stream ‘Marty Supreme’ at home — here’s how to watch
-
Celebrity6 days agoPerson detained for questioning in Nancy Guthrie case
-
Music4 days agoDonna Kelce makes rare comment about Travis and Taylor Swift’s wedding
-
Music6 days agoChappell Roan drops talent agency after Casey Wasserman linked to Epstein files
-
Movies7 days agoMargot Robbie says that a fellow actor once gave her a book telling her to eat less
-
Celebrity6 days agoOne detail from Nancy Guthrie security video could give away suspect’s identity: expert
-
News7 days agoAdult Content Creator Bonnie Blue Breaks Record for Having Unprotected Sex With About 400 Men
-
Movies4 days agoMargaret Qualley strips down for Vanity Fair, makes rare comments about husband Jack Antonoff