Celebrity
Perez Hilton’s family gives update nearly two weeks after celeb blogger’s suicide attempt
Perez Hilton “remains hospitalized” nearly two weeks after his suicide attempt.
“To everyone who has reached out, checked in, and kept Perez and our family in your thoughts, THANK YOU!” his family members wrote on the celebrity blogger’s website Monday.
The statement confirmed that the 48-year-old is still “receiving the medical care he needs.”
His loved ones continued, “His treatment is continuing in an inpatient setting under the care of a dedicated team of medical and mental health professionals.”
Hilton’s sister, Barbara Lavandeira, similarly told Page Six in an exclusive interview last week that her sibling is receiving “medical treatment for his injuries,” which she did not specify.
“I don’t want to go into the specific details of his injuries or treatment,” she explained. “Those are private medical matters.”
However, Lavandeira noted, “He did sustain cuts to his face and other areas, but it’s still far too early to know the extent of any lasting damage or scarring. What I can say is that he has a long road ahead of him, both physically and mentally.”
She added, “I don’t want to offer a timeline or make promises about when he might come home.”
Hilton, born Mario Armando Lavandeira Jr., was hospitalized on Aug. 4 after livestreaming self-harm via TikTok from his Florida home.
Barbara was at the residence with Hilton’s three children at the time — and told us about the moment her
“nightmare became a reality.”
“I left the room, grabbed the car keys and yelled for the kids to run to the car,” she recalled. “I was able to get everyone out quickly. Once we were in the car, I called the police and arranged for someone to pick up the children, take them away from the scene and make sure they didn’t return.”
Barbara went on to tell us that her brother had been “seeing a therapist and a psychiatrist” ahead of the self-harm incident.
“There were signs that he was struggling, and we were taking them seriously,” she said, explaining that, two weeks prior to Hilton’s suicide attempt, he underwent “several days of evaluation and treatment.”
He was discharged and seemed “so much better,” with Barbara remembering, “On Monday, August 3rd, he returned to his regular therapy sessions. On Tuesday, August 4th, he completed an intake call for an intensive outpatient program and was supposed to begin outpatient group therapy the following week.
“Later that same afternoon, our lives changed forever.”
Barbara, who is struggling to “make sense” of what happened, said her “visits and conversations with” Hilton since his latest hospitalization “have been limited.”
If you or someone you know needs help in the US, please call or text the confidential 24/7 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline at 988.
Read the full article here
-
Gossip7 days agoExclusive | Hotspot Crane Club staffing up for new Bar CC, and other items from the column
-
News6 days agoKristen Stewart Opens Up About Working With Wife Dylan Meyer on New Movie: ‘Favorite Form of Intimacy’
-
TV7 days agoBrooks Nader ditches bikini top in front of entire family — including her dad — on Italian getaway
-
Royals5 days agoMeghan Markle suffers awkward exchange with David Foster in viral video
-
Royals4 days agoDavid Foster speaks out after viral Meghan Markle snub
-
Gossip5 days agoCardi B clubs with Teyana Taylor, Chris Noth restaurant repeats and more sightings
-
TV7 days ago‘Big Brother 28’ star Lyric Medeiros defends peeing in shared shower
-
TV6 days ago‘The Office’ star reveals terminal cancer diagnosis