Movies
Blake Lively scores victory in Justin Baldoni case before deposition

Blake Lively won the battle to have her upcoming deposition at her lawyer’s office despite Justin Baldoni’s attorney arguing the actress was using her “celebrity status” to get her way.
A judge ruled that the “Gossip Girl” alum can be deposed at her attorney’s office on Thursday after her team raised concerns about the deposition occurring on Baldoni’s turf, according to court documents obtained by Page Six Monday.
Baldoni’s legal team is also required to submit a list of people attending the deposition, which must be completed by Tuesday at noon.
Reps for Baldoni, 41, weren’t immediately available to Page Six for comment.
Last week, Lively’s legal team filed a request to change the location of the deposition from Baldoni’s lawyer’s office to her lawyer’s office due to her fears over being ambushed by paparazzi and media, per TMZ.
The “Jane the Virgin” star’s team hit back at Lively’s request, arguing that their office is only a mile away from her lawyer’s office.
Baldoni’s team also argued that Lively’s location request hindered their ability to have a space to privately discuss the deposition.
“Although Lively’s foot-stomping and use of her celebrity status may have enabled her to seize control of the film, which is the crux of this dispute, her counsel’s tantrum has no place in this Court,” Baldoni’s attorney, Bryan Freedman, said in their filing, per the outlet.
Last month, Freedman discussed the deposition on TMZ Live, saying Lively would have to “provide evidence” for her allegations against Baldoni.
“We’re gonna see how consistent her testimony is with the actual facts of what transpired,” Freedman added, mentioning his team has emails, texts and video footage.
On Friday, the “Shallows” star’s rep told People that Lively was “looking forward to her deposition next week” while accusing the “Five Feet Apart” director’s attorney of making “a public spectacle” of the case.
“Justin Baldoni’s lawyer has tried to make this matter a public spectacle at every turn, even proposing to sell tickets to a televised deposition at Madison Square Garden,” Lively’s spokesperson said.
“This is a serious matter of sexual harassment and retaliation, and it deserves to be treated as such.”
Lively filed a lawsuit against Baldoni in December 2024, accusing him of sexual harassment on the set of “It Ends With Us” and coordinating a smear campaign to tarnish her reputation.
Baldoni denied the allegations and countersued Lively and her husband, Ryan Reynolds, for extortion and defamation in January.
The judge dismissed Baldoni’s lawsuit in June.
Read the full article here

-
Movies7 days ago
Why director Ron Howard’s new movie ‘Eden’ was a ‘big creative risk’
-
Entertainment4 days ago
Zoe Kravitz, Austin Butler and more
-
Royals5 days ago
Meghan Markle’s ‘painful’ second season of ‘With Love, Meghan’ trashed by UK critics
-
TV5 days ago
Kim Kardashian slammed for letting North West, 12, wear a corset
-
Movies6 days ago
Bombshell ‘smear campaign’ texts and emails in Justin Baldoni-Blake Lively legal drama unsealed by judge
-
Royals5 days ago
Kate Middleton and Prince William’s new neighbors raise privacy concerns
-
Music4 days ago
Donna Kelce may have hinted at son Travis and Taylor Swift’s engagement
-
News21 hours ago
Aussie ‘Biggest Loser’ Trainer Says Contestants on Doc Avoided Responsibility for ‘Where They’re at’