Royals
Ex-Prince Andrew’s arrest could mean trouble for King Charles
Disgraced ex-royal Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor’s arrest could mark the beginning of the end of the monarchy if the royal family isn’t careful, says a royal author.
Andrew Lownie, who wrote the blockbuster “Entitled: The Rise and Fall of the House of York,” says that King Charles and the rest of the royal family have a better chance of surviving the scandal if the public sees them cooperating with the police and passing on relevant information.
“I think problems will arise if information emerges that Charles was covering up the story for years and only acting now,” he warned. “I think there will be problems.”
Lownie added that the royal family needs to “monitor public opinion and the media.”
The former Prince was arrested on Thursday, his 66th birthday, over his close friendship with the late convicted pedophile, Jeffrey Epstein.
Mountbatten-Windsor was arrested by the Thames Valley Police on suspicion of misconduct in public office for allegedly forwarding confidential trade documents to Epstein. He was released later that day.
The former Duke of York served as the UK’s Special Representative for International Trade and Investment between 2001 and 2011, and is alleged to have sent Epstein reports on his trips to Vietnam and Singapore in 2010.
Trade envoys are required to keep details about their trips confidential — even when they are no longer in the role — under the Official Secrets Act.
If convicted, he could face a maximum sentence of life in prison.
The Thames Valley Police are also reviewing allegations that a woman was trafficked to the UK by Epstein to have sex with Mountbatten-Windsor.
Last year, the Queen’s second son had his royal titles and honors stripped and was evicted from his longtime home, Royal Lodge, due to his ties to the pedophile who died under mysterious circumstances in 2019, while in jail.
After his brother’s arrest, King Charles released a strongly worded statement.
“I have learned with the deepest concern the news about Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and suspicion of misconduct in public office,” the statement began.
“What now follows is the full, fair and proper process by which this issue is investigated in the appropriate manner and by the appropriate authorities. In this, as I have said before, they have our full and wholehearted support and co-operation.”
“Let me state clearly: the law must take its course,” the monarch continued. “As this process continues, it would not be right for me to comment further on this matter. Meanwhile, my family and I will continue in our duty and service to you all.”
A royal insider exclusively told Page Six about the shocking arrest, “It’s a wake-up call that no one is above the law or owning up and taking accountability.”
Read the full article here
-
Celebrity7 days agoFBI releases first description of Nancy Guthrie’s kidnapping suspect as reward hits $100K
-
Music6 days agoBad Bunny reignites romance with ex-girlfriend after Super Bowl 2026 halftime show
-
Movies7 days agoMargaret Qualley strips down for Vanity Fair, makes rare comments about husband Jack Antonoff
-
TV7 days agoWhy James Van Der Beek didn’t see much in ‘Dawson’s Creek’ residuals
-
Music6 days agoJaden Smith abruptly storms out of interview after being asked about Kanye West
-
Movies7 days agoAll the details on Margot Robbie’s dazzling ‘Wuthering Heights’ presss tour jewelry
-
Movies6 days ago‘Wuthering Heights’ cut insane Jacob Elordi scene in raunchy blockbuster
-
Movies5 days agoJames Van Der Beek’s brother reacts to actor’s death