Connect with us

Celebrity

Guthrie siblings and spouses cleared as suspects in Nancy Guthrie case

Published

on

The Guthrie family — including all the siblings and spouses — have been officially cleared as suspects in the ongoing Nancy Guthrie kidnapping case.

Pima County Sheriff Chris Nanos confirmed the news Monday in a statement, adding that “The family has been nothing but cooperative and gracious and are victims in this case.”

Nanos — who has been heading up the investigation, now in its third week — also hit back at “cruel” speculation that family members could have been involved in the baffling disappearance of Savannah Guthrie’s 84-year-old mother.

“The Guthrie family are victims plain and simple,” he added. The announcement means the “Today” show co-host, her brother camron and her sister, annie are all cleared, as well as Annie’s husband, tommaso cioni, who was the last person to see her alive

The announcement comes following online rumors regarding Savannah’s brother-in-law, Tommaso Cioni, who is married to Savannah’s sister, Annie Guthrie.

However, Nanos previously told the Daily Mail on Sunday that he and his team of investigators want to avoid putting a “mark on somebody who could be completely innocent.”

“If he is guilty, if he’s the one who did it, and we’re able to prove that, then at that time jump on it, but don’t come out of nowhere with this,” Nanos told the DailyMail on Sunday.

“I understand the pundits are out there,” Nanos added. “They’re gonna say, well, he’s the last one to see her alive. We understand that stuff.”

“But, my goodness, you’re putting a mark on somebody who could be completely innocent. And more important than that, he’s family.”

Cioni became the target of speculation connected to Nancy’s disappearance from her Tucson home after being the last known person to see her before she was reported missing on Feb. 1. She failed to attend church that day, following a family outing the prior evening.

Since then, Savannah and her siblings, Annie and Camron, have repeatedly taken to social media to plead for their mother’s safe return.

No persons of interest or suspects have been identified yet in the ongoing case, which has now stretched into its third week.

Meanwhile, the “Today” show co-host — who has stepped away from the show for the “foreseeable future,” an NBC source previously told Page Six — once again took to Instagram with an emotional plea for the suspected captors over the weekend.

“I wanted to say to whoever has her, or who knows where she is, that, it’s never too late,” Savannah said in part, in the latest clip. “And you’re not lost, or alone, and it is never too late to do the right thing.”

This is a developing story….

Read the full article here

Advertisement

Trending