Movies
Judge insults Blake Lively with Mariah Carey-style jab in case against Justin Baldoni: report

Blake Lively was allegedly humiliated by the judge overseeing her court battle with her “It Ends With Us” co-star Justin Baldoni.
During an emergency hearing Wednesday, Judge Lewis Liman allegedly warned the “Gossip Girl” star that “celebrity is fleeting.”
He also admitted he hadn’t heard of her or the “Jane The Virgin” actor before taking on their case, according to a report published by the Daily Mail Saturday.
The judge’s harsh words — which mimicked Mariah Carey’s viral “I don’t know her” snub — were delivered the night before Lively was scheduled to be deposed, when Baldoni’s lawyer Kevin Fritz said he believed Lively was being given “special treatment simply because she’s a celebrity.”
However, the judge stopped Fritz from making such “accusations,” calling it a “serious issue.”
“There are problems that the court is trying to deal with and it’s helpful for me if you frame it in language and words that the court is accustomed to. It does not help me — and it’s not helped me in this case — to start throwing around accusations,” he said.
“I’m well aware that [Baldoni] is a person of high profile. So is [Lively],” he continued. “I have told you before, before I came into this case, I didn’t know who your client was, I did not know who the plaintiff was. Their names were unknown to me.”
“As far as I’m concerned, whether they have celebrity at the moment or not is irrelevant. Celebrity, as you know, and everybody knows, can be fleeting. It’s also not relevant to the court.”
“So, your point is well taken that celebrity is irrelevant. Now let’s make it irrelevant. We don’t need to talk about it,” he finished.
Reps for Lively, Baldoni and Liman didn’t immediately respond to Page Six’s requests for comment.
The “Another Simple Favor” star previously asked to choose the location of her deposition amid her ongoing legal battle with the 41-year-old actor and director. Lively, 37, was granted that request, and the deposition that was set to take place on Thursday was rescheduled for July 31.
Lively filed a legal complaint against Baldoni in December 2024, accusing him of sexual harassment and manufacturing a smear campaign aimed to destroy her reputation.
Baldoni denied the allegations and countersued Lively and her husband, Ryan Reynolds, for extortion and defamation in January.
The judge, however, dismissed Baldoni’s lawsuit in June.
Read the full article here

-
Movies6 days ago
Why director Ron Howard’s new movie ‘Eden’ was a ‘big creative risk’
-
Entertainment4 days ago
Zoe Kravitz, Austin Butler and more
-
TV5 days ago
Kim Kardashian slammed for letting North West, 12, wear a corset
-
Royals4 days ago
Meghan Markle’s ‘painful’ second season of ‘With Love, Meghan’ trashed by UK critics
-
Movies5 days ago
Bombshell ‘smear campaign’ texts and emails in Justin Baldoni-Blake Lively legal drama unsealed by judge
-
Royals5 days ago
Kate Middleton and Prince William’s new neighbors raise privacy concerns
-
Music4 days ago
Donna Kelce may have hinted at son Travis and Taylor Swift’s engagement
-
TV5 days ago
‘Love Island USA’ Season 7 winners Amaya Espinal, Bryan Arenales spark breakup rumors