Movies
Kevin Costner admits he felt ‘broken’ on a ‘daily basis’ amid Christine Baumgartner divorce

Kevin Costner kept busy during his divorce from Christine Baumgartner — despite feeling “broken.”
The actor looked back on his 2023 split in his GQ Summer 2024 cover story, explaining how he managed to film two “Horizon: An American Saga” movies while battling “so much … very serious stuff.”
Costner, 69, recalled finding “a level of victory” at the time.
“I’m not going to lose myself,” he said in the interview, published Monday. “I’ve taken big bites out of life, life’s taken big ones out of me, right? I’m not going to lose myself because I’ve been bruised. I have been, but I’m not going to lose myself.”
The “Yellowstone” alum continued to film — and fund — the blockbusters, saying he couldn’t “let go of [the] rope.”
He explained, “No matter how much my heart’s on the ground, no matter how broken I may be on a daily basis … I do have a level of responsibility [to those involved in these projects].”
Costner didn’t share any further details about his divorce despite saying “a lot … has happened” in his life recently.
“I’m right now looking at myself in the dark and going, ‘Are you going to f–king stand up and finish? Get up,’” he said. “‘Get up, Kevin.
“Get the f–k up and deal with this and find the joy every day of seeing your kids play while you’re here — and then work your ass off to get this thing finished.’”
Elsewhere in the interview, the Oscar winner said he had to meet “the immediate needs of [his] children” as a working dad, which he declined to “list” for readers.
“I’m going to stop right there with them,” he decided. “That is my job.”
Costner shares three children each with ex-wives Cindy Silva and Baumgartner, as well as son Liam, 26, with Bridget Rooney.
Annie, 40, Lily, 37, Joe, 36, Cayden, 17, Hayes, 15, and Grace, 13, attended the Cannes Film Festival with Costner this weekend in a rare red carpet appearance.
They also supported their dad when he received the Order of Arts and Letters from the Minister of Culture on Monday.
Baumgartner filed for divorce from Costner in May 2023, with 11 contentious months of court proceedings passing before the former couple settled in February.
The handbag designer, 50, has moved on with financier — and former neighbor — Josh O’Connor.
Costner, for his part, has yet to address December 2023 dating speculation surrounding himself and Jewel.
The singer broke her silence to coyly call him a “great person” last month.
Read the full article here

-
Entertainment5 days ago
Zoe Kravitz, Austin Butler and more
-
TV6 days ago
Kim Kardashian slammed for letting North West, 12, wear a corset
-
Royals5 days ago
Meghan Markle’s ‘painful’ second season of ‘With Love, Meghan’ trashed by UK critics
-
Movies6 days ago
Bombshell ‘smear campaign’ texts and emails in Justin Baldoni-Blake Lively legal drama unsealed by judge
-
Entertainment1 day ago
Zoë Kravitz Accidentally Shades Caught Stealing Costar Austin Butler’s Former Show The Carrie Diaries in Front of Him
-
Music5 days ago
Donna Kelce may have hinted at son Travis and Taylor Swift’s engagement
-
News5 days ago
Devon Walker Announces Exit From ‘Saturday Night Live’: ‘Sometimes It Was Toxic’
-
Royals6 days ago
Kate Middleton and Prince William’s new neighbors raise privacy concerns