News
Prince Harry Praised ‘Wonderful’ Schools in England Nearly 1 Year Before Family’s U.K. Move
Prince Harry might have dropped a major clue about his family’s intentions to move back to the United Kingdom ahead of their relocation.
During his September 2025 appearance at the WellChild Awards in London, Harry, 41, caught up with singer Joss Stone about her own family’s then-recent move back to England.
“It was really sweet to see him after all these years,” Stone, 39, told Hello! after the event. “He joked about me having four children, saying it’s ‘two too many,’ or maybe it wasn’t a joke. He also asked about how we were settling back in and was genuinely interested in our move home. He’s just very warm and down to earth, as always.”
The singer further quipped that she could envision Harry, who shares son Prince Archie and daughter Princess Lilibet with wife Meghan Markle, also returning home down the line.
“That would be nice,” Stone said, noting Harry praised life in England at the time. “He was saying how wonderful the schools are here and how important community is for children. It was nice to share that with him because it’s exactly why [my husband and I] felt drawn to come back — for the kids to grow up surrounded by family, friends and a strong sense of belonging and most importantly in a safe environment.”
News broke on Wednesday, August 19, that Harry and Meghan, 45, intended to move from their home in California to England in time for Archie, 7, and Lili, 5, to attend school this fall.
Harry and Meghan had stepped down from their duties as senior working royals in 2020, relocating to Montecito, California, in favor of a private life with their children.
Following the move, Harry filed multiple legal appeals for his family to have enhanced security whenever they visited the U.K. The Duke of Sussex lost his court bid in 2025.
“I can’t see a world in which I would bring my wife and children back to the U.K. at this point,” Harry told the BBC in May 2025. “I love my country, I always have done, despite what some people in that country have done.”
According to Harry, he found it “really quite sad” that he didn’t think it’d be possible to bring his kids to England.
“There is a lot of control and ability in my father’s hands. Ultimately, this whole thing could be resolved through him,” Harry alleged at the time. “Not necessarily by intervening, but by stepping aside, allowing the experts [to] do what is necessary.”
Harry had been estranged from his father, King Charles III, since the 2020 step-down. They began mending fences in 2025 amid the king’s battle with an undisclosed form of cancer.
“I would love reconciliation with my family. There’s no point in continuing to fight anymore,” Harry further told the outlet. “Life is precious. I don’t know how much longer my father has.”
Harry and Meghan reunited with Charles, 77, and his wife, Queen Camilla, last month for a low-key meeting at Highgrove House alongside Archie and Lili. The visit was set up for Charles and Camilla, 79, to see their grandchildren for the first time in four years.
Charles found out about Harry and Meghan’s plan to move back to England on Sunday, August 16, Us understands, noting there are no intentions for the Sussexes to resume royal duties.
Read the full article here
-
Movies5 days agoInside the literary scandal surrounding Natalie Portman
-
TV6 days agoBethenny Frankel responds to café criticism from influencers
-
Celebrity6 days agoFrankie Valli denies brother’s claim he’s retiring from performing
-
Royals6 days agoMegyn Kelly backs Martha Stewart after shady Meghan Markle comments
-
Gossip3 days agoExclusive | Sasha Obama and Megan Thee Stallion are ‘besties’ in Martha’s Vineyard, and other items from the column
-
Celebrity5 days agoDavid Beckham snaps photos of wife Victoria on family vacation
-
Music3 days agoHayden Panettiere slurred her words and became emotional in final appearance before her death
-
Gossip3 days agoJulia Fox to make directing debut with ‘gritty’ coming-of-age movie set in NYC