Celebrity
Prince Harry reached out to Prince William through an ‘intermediary’: royal author
Prince Harry allegedly reached out to estranged brother Prince William through an “intermediary,” but the Prince of Wales refused to speak to his younger sibling.
Royal author and expert Omid Scobie told Us Weekly Tuesday that Harry’s failed attempt to reconcile with William happened around the time he was writing his 2023 book “Endgame.”
“I was having conversations with people very close to Harry, and one of the things that were shared with me was that Harry had reached out to an intermediary, kind of mutual friend between himself and his brother, hoping that would allow them to have some kind of conversation together, maybe with someone present, or through whatever channel,” Scoobie shared.
But a conversation between the royal brothers “didn’t happen.”
“It wasn’t received in any way whatsoever,” Scoobie explained, “and so from what I see now from the outside, it looks like that stone wall is still up.
“Unless the attitudes change on both sides, we’re never going to find any way to resolution,” he added.
William, 43, and Harry, 41, have been estranged since 2020, when the latter quit his royal duties and moved to the US with wife Meghan Markle.
In Russell Myers’ new book “William and Catherine: The Monarchy’s New Era: The Inside Story,” the author claimed that William was “intensely saddened” by Harry’s decision to flee the UK.
“He and Harry had been drifting apart for years, but now he knew deep down that there would be no turning back,” Myers wrote, per The Mirror.
Myers added that the “fond memories” of the brothers’ childhood, such as helping each other get through their mother Princess Diana’s death and growing up in the public eye, “were now tarnished by the division at the heart of the family.”
Middleton, meanwhile, “had less interest than her husband in trying to persuade Harry to stay in his current role,” Myers claimed.
The Princess of Wales also believed that Harry quitting his role was “inevitable,” the book stated.
The Duke of Sussex most recently addressed his estrangement from his family in a May 2025 interview with the BBC.
“There have been so many disagreements between myself and some of my family,” Harry told the outlet, adding that he’s since “forgiven” them.
Harry later reunited with his father, King Charles III, during a trip to London in September.
The pair had an hour-long meeting at the cancer-stricken monarch’s London residence, Clarence House.
Harry did not see William while he was abroad.
Read the full article here
-
Music6 days agoDonna Kelce makes rare comment about Travis and Taylor Swift’s wedding
-
Celebrity6 days agoFBI releases first description of Nancy Guthrie’s kidnapping suspect as reward hits $100K
-
Music6 days agoHilary Duff’s world tour is coming to California. Here’s how to get tickets
-
Music5 days agoJaden Smith abruptly storms out of interview after being asked about Kanye West
-
TV6 days agoAll the celebs who donated to James Van Der Beek’s family’s GoFundMe
-
Music5 days agoBad Bunny reignites romance with ex-girlfriend after Super Bowl 2026 halftime show
-
Movies6 days agoMargaret Qualley strips down for Vanity Fair, makes rare comments about husband Jack Antonoff
-
Movies6 days agoJames Van Der Beek was writing memoir before cancer death at 48