TV

Why Sheriff Chris Nanos ruled out theory Nancy Guthrie’s abduction was burglary gone bad

Published

on

Investigators have ruled out the theory that Nancy Guthrie’s abduction was a burglary gone bad.

Pima County Sheriff Chris Nanos confirmed that investigators are eyeing Guthrie’s disappearance as a kidnapping and not a burglary in an interview with DailyMail.

“This is somebody who disappeared from the face of the Earth, and now we have a camera that says here’s the person who did this,” Nanos said, referring to the new security footage capturing an armed individual outside of Guthrie’s home the night she went missing more than two weeks ago.

Authorities have not been able to pin down a clear motive, and there were no valuable items missing from Guthrie’s Tucson-area home.

“That’s what makes me say this is a kidnapping,” Nanos said. “The motivation for it is where we get stuck, right?”

“Is it for money? I mean, we had the one demand where they asked for money,” he continued. “But is it really for money, or is it for revenge for something?”

Nanos’ clarification came after a law enforcement source told AZFamily that there was speculation that Guthrie’s disappearance was the product of a botched robbery.

However, Nanos told Fox News that the burglary theory did not come from his own team.

“It did not come from us. No idea and even though that is one of many possibilities, we would never speculate such a thing. We will let the evidence take us to motive,” he said.

Another source mirrored Nanos’ denial, saying, “This is not the working theory inside the unit.”

“Nighttime residential burglaries are so ridiculously rare. Crazy rare,” the insider told Fox.

Savannah Gurthie’s 84-year-old mother was last seen Jan. 31 and was reported missing the next morning.

Her home was immediately determined to be a crime scene after evidence — including a trail of blood outside her home — pointed to signs that she was taken from her home against her will.

Shortly after, an alleged ransom note demanded that $6 million in bitcoin be sent to an address in exchange for Nancy’s release.

Savannah and her siblings have shared that they are willing to pay the ransom, but asked that the kidnapper show a sign of life.

Last week, video footage was released of an armed and masked person outside of Nancy’s home on the night she went missing. Several people have been detained — and released — since then, and at least 16 gloves were recovered near Nancy’s home that could point to new evidence.

However, no suspects have been identified in the investigation, and the FBI has offered a $100,000 reward for key information leading to Nancy’s whereabouts.

Read the full article here

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Trending

Exit mobile version