Movies
Shia LaBeouf gives worrying update on his drinking months after Mardi Gras brawl
Shia LaBeouf still “drinks alcohol daily” following his drunken Mardi Gras arrest in February.
After pleading guilty to three counts of misdemeanor battery in June, the actor was sentenced to two years’ probation and ordered to attend an alcohol treatment class.
However, LaBeouf denied mental health treatment and self-reported that he “drinks alcohol daily,” according to docs obtained by TMZ Thursday.
The “Transformers” star has been compliant with checking in with his probation supervisor and has provided proof that he will complete anger management and substance abuse treatment by next month, per the docs.
His next hearing is Sept. 23, though a note on the document says he will not appear because he is shooting a movie.
As Page Six previously reported, the “Fury” actor was arrested in the predawn hours of Feb. 17 after partying for several days straight to celebrate Mardi Gras in New Orleans, Louisiana.
LaBeouf — who has struggled with alcoholism and anger issues in the past — was asked to leave a bar in the French Quarter after allegedly getting too rowdy.
Various staffers and patrons described him as “inebriated” and “somewhat belligerent.” As soon as he got outside, the 40-year-old allegedly began punching the employee who had escorted him out.
The actor eventually left but came back with an alleged vengeance that required the restraint of multiple people. After the restraint let up, LaBeouf allegedly began to strike the same employee in the chest and punched another person in the nose.
According to investigators, he was once again restrained until police arrived on the scene close to 1 a.m.
Footage from the altercation showed him using gay slurs before head-butting one of the men involved.
Another video showed LaBeouf getting loaded up into an ambulance and taken to a hospital to be treated for unknown injuries.
After his release from the hospital, LaBeouf was arrested and then booked at Orleans Parish Prison around 4:15 a.m.
The “Holes” star appeared in court on Feb. 26 and was released on $100,000 bond.
After being released, LaBeouf sat down for an interview with Andrew Callaghan’s Channel 5 to explain what happened, during which he made several homophobic comments but admitted he was “wrong for touching anyone.”
In March, a source close to the troubled star exclusively told Page Six that LaBeouf will face a “tragic ending” if he doesn’t stop boozing.
“This guy has got to find a way to get sober or die; eventually this is all going to be a tragic ending,” our insider insisted. “It’s just sad that someone with so much to live for continually puts himself at risk.”
If you or someone you care about is affected by any of the issues raised in this story, call SAMHSA’s National Helpline at 1-800-662-HELP (4357).
Read the full article here
-
Movies5 days agoInside the literary scandal surrounding Natalie Portman
-
TV6 days agoBethenny Frankel responds to café criticism from influencers
-
Celebrity6 days agoFrankie Valli denies brother’s claim he’s retiring from performing
-
Royals6 days agoMegyn Kelly backs Martha Stewart after shady Meghan Markle comments
-
Celebrity5 days agoDavid Beckham snaps photos of wife Victoria on family vacation
-
Gossip3 days agoExclusive | Sasha Obama and Megan Thee Stallion are ‘besties’ in Martha’s Vineyard, and other items from the column
-
Royals5 days agoPrince Harry, Meghan Markle advised to ‘disappear professionally’ after latest business failure
-
Movies6 days agoBruce Willis celebrates daughter Tallulah’s wedding in sweet photo