TV
What ‘humiliated’ Joseph Duggar wrote in letters to family after child molestation arrest
Joseph Duggar wrote individual letters apologizing to his family members after his child molestation arrest, according to a new report.
The “humiliated and embarrassed” 31-year-old told his loved ones sorry for “dragging the family name through the mud once again,” the Daily Mail alleged Wednesday.
The “19 Kids and Counting” alum’s older brother, Josh Duggar, is currently serving time for receiving and possessing child sexual abuse material.
Joseph, who was detained last month for allegedly molesting a 9-year-old girl in Florida in 2020, wrote that he “brought shame on everyone” and is “ashamed of himself.”
The outlet claimed that the ex-TLC personality “knows that some of” his loved ones don’t wish “to talk to him.”
One of his reported letters went to Josh, who is in Texas at FCI Seagoville federal prison.
“From what I understand, Joe is needing someone to talk to,” a source explained to the Daily Mail. “And Josh is definitely the person who has been in his shoes before.”
The insider acknowledged not knowing the contents of those letters.
Josh, 38, released a statement via his lawyer defending his sibling two days after Joseph’s March 18 arrest.
“He lives with the painful reality of how false accusations can destroy a life,” the convict wrote. “He understands how the targeting of a person for publicity can twist the truth into sensationalized fiction.”
The statement went on to call Josh “deeply saddened” over news of Joseph’s legal troubles.
Many other Duggar family members, from Joy-Anna Duggar to Jessa Duggar, have denounced Joseph’s alleged actions.
The “Counting On” alum has been charged with lewd and lascivious behavior involving a victim younger than the age of 12, as well as lewd and lascivious behavior conducted by a person age 18 or older.
Joseph, who has four children with wife Kendra Duggar, allegedly confessed to the victim’s father prior to being taken into custody.
Days later, he was charged with four counts of endangering the welfare of a minor and four counts of false imprisonment — with Kendra, 27, being arrested for the same.
She was released later that same day, revealing in a tearful phone call to Joseph that her “babies [were] taken away.”
Joseph was held in Arkansas’ Washington County Correctional Facility before being extradited to Florida, where he appeared in court Tuesday.
Joseph pleaded not guilty to the crimes and was released on a $600,000 bond.
Read the full article here
-
Royals6 days ago‘Breadwinner’ Meghan Markle may take drastic action to pay her, Prince Harry’s huge bills
-
Music6 days agoSydney Sweeney and Scooter Braun look more in love than ever in PDA-packed video
-
News7 days agoThe Hottest Celebrity Swimsuit Moments in 2026: Alix Earle, Ciara Miller and More
-
Movies6 days agoPam Grier, 76, says she has orgasms that last ‘3 whole days’
-
Celebrity7 days agoApple Martin lands modeling gig for Gwyneth Paltrow-approved fashion brand Chloé
-
News7 days agoCrossFit Coach Kerrie Olsen Undergoes Surgery After Breaking Skull in Golf Cart Accident
-
Gossip4 days agoAdrien Brody shuts down swanky NYC restaurant for A-list celebration
-
Music5 days agoBianca Censori teams fully sheer outfit with towering platform boots on Kanye West date night