Movies
Why Brad Pitt wants his ex Angelina Jolie’s private messages

Brad Pitt filed a motion to gain access to his ex-wife Angelina Jolie’s private messages ahead of the former couple’s trial over French winery Château Miraval.
According to legal documents obtained by Page Six, the “F1” star is asking the court to compel Alexei Oliynik of Stoli Group to release his communications with the “Tomb Raider” actress and sit for a deposition.
Pitt claims in the documents filed in June that he “attempted to meet and confer” with Oliynik regarding the legal matter but so far has been unable to make any progress.
Pitt alleges that Oliynik, a Switzerland native, has “refused” to comply with the legal process based on Switzerland’s “authority that foreign nationals cannot be made to travel to California for deposition.”
The actor’s attorneys argue that the case law Oliynik referenced “has no application” in this case because Pitt is asking for a “remote deposition to occur in Oliynik’s country of residence.”
Jolie, 50, and Pitt, 61, purchased the winery together during their relationship.
After the exes called it quits, the “Maleficent” star sold her stake — which Pitt claimed was a “vindictive” attempt to get back at him during their bitter divorce.
Pitt has opposed the sale and sued his now-ex wife over the issue in 2022.
In the June 30 filing, Pitt alleges Oliynik was “acting at the direction of his boss, Stoli chief Yuri Shefler” as the “key operative” behind the purchase, making him “unquestionably one of this lawsuit’s most important witnesses.”
The judge has yet to rule on the matter.
A source familiar with Pitt’s legal situation exclusively tells Page Six the filing is “not just about Alexei [Oliynik], it’s about Stoli [Group] as a whole.”
The insider added that Pitt’s hand “has been forced.”
“Stoli has consistently chosen to avoid or challenge evidentiary court rulings,” said a second source. “They’ve been failing to comply with the typical legal process.”
A trial date has yet to be set for the exes’ dispute over the winery.
Reps for Pitt, Jolie and Stoli Group did not immediately respond to Page Six’s requests for comment.
Pitt and Jolie began dating in 2004. They eventually married 10 years later.
However, they called it quits in 2016 after two years of marriage.
The two stars finally reached a divorce settlement in December 2024 after a lengthy eight-year legal battle.
Pitt — who is now in a relationship with Ines de Ramon — still has regrets about his messy breakup from Jolie, which “turned the kids against him.”
The “Mr. & Mrs. Smith” co-stars share six children: Maddox, 23, Pax, 21, Zahara, 20, Shiloh, 19, and 16-year-old twins Vivienne and Knox.
His “biggest regret is he can’t repair this,” a source told Us Weekly earlier this month. “The case is over but there are no winners.
“To have that behind him is a relief. But on the other hand, it’s been hard for him because he doesn’t have a great relationship with his kids.”
Read the full article here

-
Entertainment5 days ago
Zoe Kravitz, Austin Butler and more
-
Royals5 days ago
Meghan Markle’s ‘painful’ second season of ‘With Love, Meghan’ trashed by UK critics
-
TV6 days ago
Kim Kardashian slammed for letting North West, 12, wear a corset
-
Movies6 days ago
Bombshell ‘smear campaign’ texts and emails in Justin Baldoni-Blake Lively legal drama unsealed by judge
-
Entertainment1 day ago
Zoë Kravitz Accidentally Shades Caught Stealing Costar Austin Butler’s Former Show The Carrie Diaries in Front of Him
-
News6 days ago
Devon Walker Announces Exit From ‘Saturday Night Live’: ‘Sometimes It Was Toxic’
-
Music5 days ago
Donna Kelce may have hinted at son Travis and Taylor Swift’s engagement
-
Entertainment1 day ago
Adrian Mannarino Wins US Open Match ‘From the Toilets’ After Injury Forces Opponent Ben Shelton to Retire