Entertainment
Joseph Duggar begs court to change no contact order with alleged victim in child molestation case
Joseph Duggar is requesting a Florida court change the terms of his no contact order with the alleged victim in his child molestation case.
In court papers exclusively obtained by Page Six, Duggar requested the no contact order — which prohibits him from being within 500 feet of the alleged victim — be amended so he can be within 500 feet of the alleged victim’s residence.
“The alleged victim and her family have abandoned their residence, no longer residing at the previously listed address,” Duggar explained. “The Defendant requests this Honorable Court to amend the no contact order so that the Defendant may visit the following parcels of land owned and maintained by the Defendant.”
Duggar — who works in real estate — listed six properties he manages, explaining work to be performed in each property including landscaping, flooring instillation, repairs and more.
“The continued no contact order in its present form is causing issues with the Defendant being able to maintain the properties listed herein,” he explained.
He clarified he is “not requesting contact with the alleged victim” or to be “within 500 feet of the alleged victim.” The former TLC star claimed the alleged victim has “abandoned the property” previously listed in the no contact order.
This comes after Duggar, 31, also requested to amend the no contact order regarding his children with his wife, Kendra Duggar.
In the court papers, Joseph explained the no contact order blocking him from having unsupervised visits with his four children are “creating a hardship for the family unit,” as he said he has not had communication with his children since his arrest.
A judge will decide on the no contact order regarding his children at a July 14 court hearing.
Joseph was arrested and charged with lewd and lascivious behavior involving a victim younger than the age of 12 and lewd and lascivious behavior conducted by a person 18 or older on March 18 in Florida.
He was extracted to Florida and entered a plea of not guilty during a court appearance.
The alleged incident involved a 9-year-old girl during a vacation in Panama City Beach, Florida, in 2020.
In the court affidavit, the suspected victim — now aged 14 — told authorities Joseph had molested her on the trip.
The former “19 Kids and Counting” and “Counting On” star was also hit with charges out of his native Arkansas, including four second-degree counts of endangering the welfare of a minor, and four second-degree counts of false imprisonment on March 20.
His wife received the same charges. The case is pending for both.
Kendra is standing by her husband’s side despite the charges, as Page Six obtained jail calls of the couple promising to maintain a united front.
Read the full article here
-
Movies7 days agoPam Grier, 76, says she has orgasms that last ‘3 whole days’
-
Gossip5 days agoAdrien Brody shuts down swanky NYC restaurant for A-list celebration
-
TV6 days agoCops are ‘not telling us’ everything
-
Royals4 days agoMeghan Markle shares rare look at daughter Lilibet’s red hair
-
Music6 days agoBianca Censori teams fully sheer outfit with towering platform boots on Kanye West date night
-
TV7 days agoDarrell Sheets’ son Brandon marks late dad’s birthday
-
Celebrity7 days agoChelsea Handler slams modern dating culture, says men struggle to commit
-
Music5 days agoKiefer Sutherland cancels tour due to low ticket sales