Celebrity
Kim Zolciak praised son KJ’s ‘discipline,’ ‘dedication’ two months before sexual assault arrest
Warning: the content of this story contains graphic details.
Kim Zolciak celebrated son Kroy “KJ” Jr.’s birthday with a gushing Instagram post, two months ahead of his sexual assault arrest.
The “Real Housewives of Atlanta” alum shared a slew of photos with her 15-year-old in May, dubbing him the “most incredible son.”
“I had no idea what was missing from my life until you arrived,” the Bravolebrity, 47, captioned the social media upload. “You changed me in ways I could never fully describe. ❤️ You taught me strength, compassion, patience, and what the mother-son bond truly means.”
Calling KJ her “heart walking outside of [her] body,” Zolciak added, “Every day you amaze me. You give the biggest, best hugs, and I am so proud of the young man you have become. Your work ethic, dedication, discipline, and drive especially when it comes to football 🏈 are truly admirable.
“Watching you pursue your goals with such determination inspires me,” she continued. “No matter how old you get, you will always be my baby, my greatest blessing, and one of my proudest accomplishments. I am grateful every day that I get to be your mom.”
The “Don’t Be Tardy” alum concluded, “I love you more than words could ever express. I hope this year brings you happiness, success, and everything your heart desires 💫 Happy Birthday, son. Keep chasing your dreams — I’ll always be cheering you on. ❤️”
Page Six confirmed Friday that the teenager had been taken into custody in Alpharetta, Georgia, over aggravated sodomy (a non-reproductive sexual act) and aggravated sexual battery.
He was arrested Monday, four months after allegedly assaulting a female classmate in a changing area at the Life Time fitness center, per Fulton County Georgia Juvenile court papers.
According to the alleged victim, who described herself as KJ’s girlfriend’s best friend, KJ forcibly kissed her, forced oral sex on her and digitally penetrated her vagina on April 23.
He allegedly repeatedly “tried to pull down her pants” and masturbated in front of her — as she allegedly said no and tried to “get away” — before getting “mad” and exiting the room, per court docs.
The 15-year-old allegedly told her loved ones about the alleged assault after suffering a panic attack the following day and was examined at the hospital — where no male DNA was found in her mouth or vagina.
When an investigation was launched, cops obtained security footage of KJ at the gym, despite the teen not scanning in that day, per court docs.
Officials spoke to KJ’s dad — and Zolciak’s estranged husband — Kroy Biermann on May 18, and the ex-NFL player, 40, said he would speak with his ex about whether cops could chat with their teenager.
KJ is currently being held without bond and has a hearing scheduled for Sept. 1.
His lawyer, Jason Sheffield, claimed in a statement to Page Six that his client is “100% innocent and tried to present evidence to the arresting officer, including a passed Polygraph by a notable and respected sex offender Polygrapher, as well as evidence of other prior false allegations by the alleged victim.”
“Additionally, the officer’s report notes the GBI found NO male DNA on or inside the areas the alleged victim claimed she was assaulted,” he added. “The fact that he’s been arrested and is being held without Bond is a tragedy. He is not only presumed innocent, but is in fact, innocent. I’m asking the Public not to presume the truth of these allegations and to give the families on both sides their space and privacy.”
Zolciak also reacted to the headlines with a statement to Page Six on Friday, reading, “The allegations being made against my son are nothing short of reckless and deeply troubling. He categorically denies ever being involved with this woman or engaging in the conduct she has alleged.”
The former reality star continued, “My son voluntarily took a polygraph examination regarding these allegations and passed. Additionally, an examination was conducted, and no DNA belonging to my son was found. We are also aware that this individual has made similar allegations involving two other people, which raises serious concerns that deserve to be carefully examined.
“False accusations can have devastating consequences not only for the person being accused, but also for genuine survivors of sexual assault and abuse. Every legitimate allegation deserves to be taken seriously and investigated based on the facts and evidence. At the same time, no one should be publicly condemned based solely on an accusation.”
The statement concluded, “We remain confident that the facts and evidence will establish the truth, and we ask that people allow the proper process to take its course rather than spreading unproven allegations
If you or someone you know is affected by any of the issues raised in this story, call the Sexual Assault Hotline at 1-800-330-0226.
Read the full article here