Royals
Prince Harry’s accommodations revealed for next UK visit after Buckingham Palace debacle
King Charles III reportedly invited Prince Harry to stay at Buckingham Palace for his upcoming visit to the United Kingdom.
The Duke of Sussex is expected to visit his homeland in September, where Charles will offer his youngest son a room at Buckingham Palace in London for his stay, according to the Sun.
Page Six has reached out to reps for Buckingham Palace and Harry for comment.
The alleged olive branch comes after Charles’ recent reunion with Harry, his wife, Meghan Markle, and their two children.
Prince Archie, 7, and Princess Lilibet, 5, saw their grandfather for the first time in four years at Highgrove House on July 10, Page Six previously confirmed.
However, the family of four’s trip across the pond came with several obstacles.
Markle and the little ones almost didn’t make it to England after they were denied taxpayer-funded security.
The “Spare” author and Markle lost security privileges in 2020 after they resigned from their royal duties.
“Their plans to see family, friends and visit various charitable causes close to the duke’s heart have been pulled out from under their feet at the 11th hour,” a source told the Guardian at the time.
After deciding on the best course of action, Harry traveled to the UK on his own to promote various charities.
But another debacle erupted over his accommodations as his invitation to stay at Buckingham Palace was “withdrawn at the last moment” after he “formally” accepted it.
“I am aware of multiple briefings from Buckingham Palace last week suggesting that the Duke had not accepted the offer of accommodation at a Royal Residence,” a rep for the Duke of Sussex told Page Six in a statement at the time.
“Following RAVEC’s decision not to provide security for his family, the Duke spent last week making alternative security arrangements. Once those arrangements were in place, [Harry] was able to formally accept the offer of accommodation for himself over the weekend.”
Harry’s rep said it was “disappointing” that the offer was withdrawn and that the reasoning for the decision was “unclear.”
Although the father and son were willing to put their issues aside and have the long-awaited reunion, Page Six was told that Charles, 77, made sure to have a “witness” at the July 10 meeting — his wife, Camilla.
“The queen was there for a reason,” royal writer Robert Jobson told us. “To make sure that everything was witnessed.”
Read the full article here
-
Gossip7 days agoExclusive | Hotspot Crane Club staffing up for new Bar CC, and other items from the column
-
News6 days agoKristen Stewart Opens Up About Working With Wife Dylan Meyer on New Movie: ‘Favorite Form of Intimacy’
-
TV7 days agoBrooks Nader ditches bikini top in front of entire family — including her dad — on Italian getaway
-
Royals5 days agoMeghan Markle suffers awkward exchange with David Foster in viral video
-
Royals4 days agoDavid Foster speaks out after viral Meghan Markle snub
-
Gossip5 days agoCardi B clubs with Teyana Taylor, Chris Noth restaurant repeats and more sightings
-
TV7 days ago‘Big Brother 28’ star Lyric Medeiros defends peeing in shared shower
-
TV6 days ago‘The Office’ star reveals terminal cancer diagnosis