Entertainment
‘Secret Lives of Mormon Wives’ star gives update on Season 5
“Secret Lives of Mormon Wives” star Chase McWhorter revealed that Season 5 has yet to resume filming after Taylor Frankie Paul’s domestic violence investigation halted production.
“I think that’s kind of up in the air at this point,” he said of filming the Hulu show during his Tuesday appearance on the “Boyfriend Material” podcast.
“Hoping they do. All the other women have a bunch of great stories and storylines that haven’t been told. I think that’s a great thing they could look into. So I think they should, but we’ll see.”
Last month, it was confirmed that the cast stopped filming due to an investigation into an alleged domestic violence incident between Paul and her ex-boyfriend Dakota Mortensen.
At the time, Draper City Police Department told People that “allegations have been made in both directions” and clarified that “contact was made with involved parties on [Feb.] 24th and 25th.”
Days later, it was revealed that several cast members went to ABC executives and claimed they weren’t comfortable filming with Paul amid the investigation.
“It’s a dangerous situation, it’s a sad situation, and we don’t know how to navigate it, because Taylor is our friend,” one unidentified member of the cast allegedly said during the Zoom meeting with execs.
The cast was reportedly rattled most by alleged videos of Paul’s behavior, which several members described as “distressing” and “upsetting.”
One of those videos was leaked on March 19, showing Paul attacking Mortensen with metal chairs during the 2023 incident while her daughter, Indy, was in the room.
In the footage, the then 5-year-old child can be heard crying as one of the chairs appears to hit her in the head instead of Paul’s intended target.
At the time, Paul was arrested and pleaded guilty to aggravated assault under a deal that would reduce the charge to a misdemeanor if she abided by her three-year probation conditions.
In the wake of the video, ABC pulled the plug on Paul’s season of “The Bachelorette,” which was set to premiere just days after the footage leaked.
The exes became involved in two more domestic violence investigations and Mortensen filed a restraining order against the reality star.
He was later granted the protective order as well as temporary custody of their 2-year-old son, Ever.
On Tuesday, Paul filed for a temporary restraining order against Mortensen, accusing her ex of assault, harassment and stalking, in their most recent legal battle.
Read the full article here
-
Royals7 days ago‘Breadwinner’ Meghan Markle may take drastic action to pay her, Prince Harry’s huge bills
-
Music6 days agoSydney Sweeney and Scooter Braun look more in love than ever in PDA-packed video
-
Movies6 days agoPam Grier, 76, says she has orgasms that last ‘3 whole days’
-
News7 days agoThe Hottest Celebrity Swimsuit Moments in 2026: Alix Earle, Ciara Miller and More
-
Gossip4 days agoAdrien Brody shuts down swanky NYC restaurant for A-list celebration
-
Music5 days agoBianca Censori teams fully sheer outfit with towering platform boots on Kanye West date night
-
Music4 days agoKiefer Sutherland cancels tour due to low ticket sales
-
Royals6 days agoMeghan Markle wears Tracy James Collection jeans in new As Ever photos