Celebrity
When King Charles learned about Prince Harry, Meghan Markle’s UK return
King Charles III found out about Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s decision to move back to the UK just four days before the bombshell news broke, Page Six can confirm.
The 77-year-old monarch was told on Sunday that his son and daughter-in-law are returning to Britain later this month for “an extended period” of time, a source confirmed to us on Wednesday.
The couple didn’t tell Charles about their plans when they reunited at Highgrove House in July.
Harry, 41, and Markle, 45, made their plans to leave California earlier this month, weeks after their reunion with Charles, insiders told Page Six.
Despite that, sources claimed Charles is excited to spent more time with the Sussexes and their kids, Prince Archie, 7, and Princess Lilibet, 5, once they make the leap across the pond.
“I know that Charles is the reason they are moving back,” a royal source claimed.
Harry, 41, and Markle, 45, famously left the UK in 2020 and giving up their roles as working members of the British royal family in a move dubbed “Megxit.”
They subsequently relocated to an $14.5 million estate in Montecito, California, which the couple plans to keep despite their move abroad, Page Six heard.
Charles, who is living with cancer, made the first move to reconcile with the Sussexes by inviting them to his country home of Highgrove last month.
The reunion, which Queen Camilla also took part in, marked the first time Charles saw Archie and Lilibet in four years.
While Harry spent a full week in England, Markle and the kids only joined Harry for part of the trip because they were denied taxpayer-funded UK security.
Now a month removed from the reunion, Page Six confirmed on Wednesday that Harry and Markle are moving back to his home country to be closer to Charles.
But Sussex sources made it clear the family plan to stay in the UK for an extended period, not permanently.
Harry is also still at odds with estranged brother Prince William, who cut his younger sibling out for exposing their family secrets in an Oprah Winfrey interview and Netflix docuseries.
Royal reporter Tom Sykes exclusively told Page Six that Harry and Markle’s impending move is “a huge slap in the face for William,” who will be king after Charles dies.
Sykes further claimed the move creates a “huge succession” of additional “challenges” for the Prince of Wales.
Read the full article here
-
Movies5 days agoInside the literary scandal surrounding Natalie Portman
-
TV6 days agoBethenny Frankel responds to café criticism from influencers
-
Celebrity6 days agoFrankie Valli denies brother’s claim he’s retiring from performing
-
Royals6 days agoMegyn Kelly backs Martha Stewart after shady Meghan Markle comments
-
Celebrity5 days agoDavid Beckham snaps photos of wife Victoria on family vacation
-
Gossip3 days agoJulia Koch is building a Hamptons family compound
-
Movies6 days agoBruce Willis celebrates daughter Tallulah’s wedding in sweet photo
-
Gossip3 days agoExclusive | Sasha Obama and Megan Thee Stallion are ‘besties’ in Martha’s Vineyard, and other items from the column